Today, we’ll give you a quick review of an ongoing scam involving Amazon’s 27th anniversary.
A massive social media scam is spreading in the name of offering free gifts and vouchers, cash backs, and other exciting offers in the special event of Amazon’s 27th anniversary.
Find out what exactly is the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam?
Amazon is one of the world’s biggest e-commerce websites and it has completed its glorious journey of 27 years but there is no official confirmation about the anniversary celebration. Cyber thugs are taking advantage of this and sending people texts via social media by pretending to be Amazon.
Scammers are sending messages on all of the social media sites claiming to give free gifts vouchers and other offers in the name of Amazon.
Scammers have provided links at the bottom of the message that redirects to third-party websites. The provided links are not connected with Amazon.
Points to consider for avoiding scam texts-
People are frequently tricked by scammers by providing them with information that they can use to their advantage, or by clicking on spam links that lead to a suspicious site or spyware so that they can steal their information.
So, here are some tips to help you avoid these types of text scams.
- Always check for the website URL provided in the text SMS or emails whether it matched the original URL of the website.
- Avoid opening the message that includes a survey asking for details regarding your personal information and other information.
- Avoid clicking on the link provided that claims offer vouchers, gifts, and discount coupons for free in the name of some big/legit websites.
- Do not open the link without doing some research about it.
- Delete the message if you are not certain about it being a legit message or without any background check.
- And do not share such messages with others.
It is true that Amazon has accomplished 27 years in the online platform, but there has been no authentic confirmation from Amazon on its 27th-anniversary celebration.
As a result, Amazon’s 27th-anniversary celebration is yet another scam tactic used by fraudsters that should be avoided.
We request people to share this review on their social media accounts to alert others about this scam.
Also, read some reviews on other scams involving gift cards and vouchers:
zara-46th-anniversary, ASOS £750 gift card, Flipkart 15th anniversary, Honda 70th anniversary celebration, Amazon AirPods , DPD text messages scam, Mavis Wanczyk Text Message Scam, Publix 90th anniversary , Pegasus email scam, Venmo giveaway t, Toyou Instagram , Cash App 10th anniversary, GCash 20th anniversary, maruti-suzuki-40th-anniversary